Policies and Procedures
30 Days after Receiving Contract:
The contract must be signed, the 10% non-refundable deposit (check payable to Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center), a statement of faith or purpose of your group (first time guests), and a certificate of liability insurance* are to be mailed to Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center (39034 CR 452, Leesburg, FL 34788).
*Certificate Requirements: The liability certificate must be valid for the dates of your contract and reflect the Florida Baptist Convention as an “additional insured” as follows: Florida Baptist Convention,d/b/a Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center, 39034 CR 452, Leesburg, FL 34788. It can be obtained from your group’s liability insurance agent and is a matter of information only and confers no rights upon the certificate holder. Such certificate does not amend, extend, or alter the coverage afforded by the policies listed within the certificate
60 Days Prior to Arrival:
The 30% non-refundable deposit is due at this time. Written requests to variations in meal and pool times are due at this time as well.
30 Days Prior to Arrival:
A package of information will be mailed to you containing important information about specific needs of your group (i.e. lodging and meeting room floor plans and set up, meal counts, and break request forms).
14 Days Prior to Arrival:
All completed forms are due as well as a copy of the program (if applicable) and any other requests. Your final numbers are due to our office at this time. Please note that you are responsible for the guaranteed amount that is reflected on your contract.
3 Business Days before Event:
This is the last opportunity you have to contact our office with any additions to consider for your event. Commuters must be registered at this time. Cancellations will not be accepted after this date.
Day of Event:
Arrive at Lake Yale’s main office to receive your welcome packet and keys (unless other arrangements have been made in advance). Final payment is due at this time. Our office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Meals in the Dining Room:
The following are the set serving and closing times for meals:
Breakfast: Serving Time: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. / Closing Time: 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: Serving Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. / Closing Time: 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: Serving Time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. / Closing Time: 7:00 p.m.
(Any variations to these times must be submitted in writing & approved sixty days prior to your group’s arrival).
Swimming Pool Policies
Swimming Pool open April 1 – November 30. Pool times must be reserved 30 days prior to event.
The following are the set times for the use of the swimming pool:
South Camp: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
North Camp: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Conference Area Only: 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Please note – these times may not be available if other groups have reserved the pool.
Two certified lifeguards (Current lifeguard CPR/AED & First Aid documentation) are required in order to use the swimming pool. Copies of these two documents need to be brought to main office & proper documentation signed prior to pool being available for your participants.
Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center reserves the right to change or amend your meeting space and/or your lodging assignments if necessary to make the best use of the property entrusted to us by the Lord for our ministry.
Other Important Information:
- A responsible adult for every six children or youth (under age of eighteen) must be provided by the group. All groups are responsible for obtaining a level 2 screening background check for each worker supervising minors& have them available during your stay (compliance with DCF regulations in accordance with FL Statute(409.175) Chapter 409 Section 175 (K).
- A 9:00 a.m. check-out time may be required to prepare for other groups that will be arriving on your departure date. You will be notified in advance and notices will be in your accommodations upon your arrival. Your rooms may not be ready until 4 p.m. on your day of arrival.
- Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged and placed on your bill.
- Lake Yale is a smoke-free and alcohol-free facility. Only RV occupants can bring leashed pets. Any evidence of smoking or pets may result in a dismissal from the property and incur a cleaning fee.
- Firearms, explosives, fireworks, and other similar devices are strictly prohibited.
- Daily linen service will be provided in hotel rooms. Linen is not provided in the camps (linen packets are available for a fee).
- Digital cameras, video, or other recording devices are absolutely prohibited in bathrooms or changing areas.
- First aid and safety considerations are your group’s responsibility. Please instruct your guests of the dangers associated with the wildlife indigenous to central Florida especially in the undeveloped areas of the property including the lake, woods, or underbrush. Do not feed any wild animal.
- Please instruct your participants to remain in the specific lodging and meeting areas you have been assigned being mindful of others who are sharing the facility with your group.
- Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center assumes no responsibility for items left unattended on our premises.
Code of Conduct:
Guests at Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center understand and acknowledge that Lake Yale is a Southern Baptist facility. As such, conduct that is contrary to the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists is not permitted on facility grounds. In general, conduct that is not permitted includes, but is not limited to: drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, excessive public displays of affection, excessively revealing clothing or swimwear, public advocacy of conduct or lifestyles which are not condoned by the Bible (as interpreted by Southern Baptists). If a guest has any questions regarding whether a specific act is permissible, the management at Lake Yale will be more than happy to answer any such questions. Failure to get such clarification before acting in an impermissible manner will not excuse the conduct, nor will it be grounds for avoiding the consequences of such conduct. Any determination by management regarding the permissibility of any conduct will be final.
Lake Yale guests understand and acknowledge that they are responsible for their actions. Should any guest be found to have violated any facility rules and/or acted in a manner inconsistent with the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists, such guest will risk having their stay cut short. Should a group be found to have engaged in impermissible conduct (or encouraged an individual to do so), the entire group will be subject to having their stay cut short. Any such individual or group may also forfeit any future use of the Lake Yale facility (regardless of whether reservations for such future use have been made and/or accepted). While Lake Yale reserves the right to do so in extenuating circumstances, the standard policy is that there will be no refunds of any unused portion of a stay should an individual or group be removed from the facility for impermissible conduct.
Should there arise any dispute between a Lake Yale guest and Lake Yale which relates in any way to a visit to Lake Yale, the guest(s) and Lake Yale shall submit the dispute to mediation and, if necessary, binding arbitration (such arbitration being conducted in accordance with the rules for arbitration used by Peacemakers Ministries). If the dispute proceeds to arbitration, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, on demand, all costs, expenses and fees, including reasonable attorneys’ and paralegal fees incurred in connection therewith.