Policies and Procedures
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these policies and procedures.
30 Days after Receiving Contract: The contract must be signed, the 10% non-refundable deposit (check payable to Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center), a statement of faith or purpose of your group (first time guests), and a certificate of liability insurance* are to be mailed to Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center (39034 CR 452, Leesburg, FL 34788).
*Certificate Requirements: The liability certificate must be valid for the dates of your contract and reflect the Florida Baptist Convention as an “additional insured” as follows: Florida Baptist Convention, d/b/a Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center, 39034 CR 452, Leesburg, FL 34788. It can be obtained from your group’s liability insurance agent and is a matter of information only and confers no rights upon the certificate holder. Such certificate does not amend, extend, or alter the coverage afforded by the policies listed within the certificate.
60 Days Prior to Arrival: The 30% non-refundable deposit is due at this time. Any additional packages providing other options to your contract must be negotiated at this time and an updated contract will be issued. This Updated Contract must be signed and returned to our office within five (5) days of this transaction. After this time, the group is responsible for a minimum of 80% (100% for groups with 25 or fewer guests) of the total contracted dollar amount. Written requests to variations in meal and pool times are due at this time as well. Note: If you reduce the number of people on your contract, Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center reserves the right to reduce your meeting space proportionately.
14 Days Prior to Arrival: Approximately twenty-one days prior to your arrival a package of information will be mailed to you. It will contain important information about specific needs of your group (i.e. lodging and meeting room floor plans and set up, meal counts, and break request forms). All completed forms are due as well as a copy of the program and any other special needs fourteen days prior to your arrival.
3 Business Days before Event: Any adjustments to the counts in your packages need to be made and a final bill will be prepared. Commuters must be registered at this time. Cancellations will not be accepted after this date.
Day of Event: Arrive at Lake Yale’s main office to receive your welcome packet and keys (unless other arrangements have been made in advance). Final payment is due at this time. Our office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Meals in the Dining Room:
The following are the set serving and closing times for meals:
Breakfast: Serving Time: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. / Closing Time: 9:00 a.m.
Lunch: Serving Time: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. / Closing Time: 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: Serving Time: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. / Closing Time: 7:00 p.m.
(Any variations to these times must be submitted in writing & approved sixty days prior to your group’s arrival).
The following are the set times for the use of the swimming pool:
South Camp: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
North Camp: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Conference Area: 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
(Any variations of these times must be submitted in writing & approved sixty days prior to your group’s arrival).
A certified lifeguard (Current CPR/AED for Lifeguards & First Aid for Lifeguards documentation) for every 50 swimmers is required with a maximum of 100 persons at any given time. Copies of these two documents need to be brought to main office & proper documentation signed prior to pool being available for your participants.
Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center reserves the right to change or amend your meeting space and/or your lodging assignments if necessary to make the best use of the property entrusted to us by the Lord for our ministry.
Other Important Information:
- A responsible adult for every six children or youth (under age of eighteen) must be provided by the group. All groups are responsible for obtaining background checks on adults who are supervising minors & have them available during your stay (compliance with DCF regulations in accordance with FL Statute Chapter 85-84).
- A 9:00 a.m. check-out time may be required to prepare for other groups that will be arriving on your departure date. You will be notified in advance and notices will be in your accommodations upon your arrival. Your rooms may not be ready until 4 p.m. on your day of arrival.
- There will be an inspection for all youth and children’s groups. Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged and placed on your bill. If you would like to be present while the inspection is being conducted, you must contact our office in advance to make arrangements.
- Daily linen service will be provided in hotel rooms. Linen is not provided in the camps (linen packets are available for a fee).
- Digital cameras, video, or other recording devices are absolutely prohibited in bathrooms or changing areas.
- First aid and safety considerations are your group’s responsibility. Please instruct your guests of the dangers associated with the wildlife indigenous to central Florida especially in the undeveloped areas of the property including the lake, woods, or underbrush. Do not feed any wild animal.
- Please instruct your participants to remain in the specific lodging and meeting areas you have been assigned being mindful of others who are sharing the facility with your group.
Code of Conduct:
Guests at Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center understand and acknowledge that Lake Yale is a Southern Baptist facility. As such, conduct that is contrary to the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists is not permitted on facility grounds. In general, conduct that is not permitted includes, but is not limited to: drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking, excessive public displays of affection, excessively revealing clothing or swimwear, public advocacy of conduct or lifestyles which are not condoned by the Bible (as interpreted by Southern Baptists). If a guest has any questions regarding whether a specific act is permissible, the management at Lake Yale will be more than happy to answer any such questions. Failure to get such clarification before acting in an impermissible manner will not excuse the conduct, nor will it be grounds for avoiding the consequences of such conduct. Any determination by management regarding the admissibility of any conduct will be final.
Lake Yale guests understand and acknowledge that they are responsible for their actions. Should any guest be found to have violated any facility rules and/or acted in a manner inconsistent with the beliefs and tenets of Southern Baptists, such guest will risk having their stay cut short. Should a group be found to have engaged in impermissible conduct (or encouraged an individual to do so), the entire group will be subject to having their stay cut short. Any such individual or group may also forfeit any future use of the Lake Yale facility (regardless of whether reservations for such future use have been made and/or accepted). While Lake Yale reserves the right to do so in extenuating circumstances, the standard policy is that there will be no refunds of any unused portion of a stay should an individual or group be removed from the facility for impermissible conduct.
Should there arise any dispute between a Lake Yale guest and Lake Yale which relates in any way to a visit to Lake Yale, the guest(s) and Lake Yale shall submit the dispute to mediation and, if necessary, binding arbitration (such arbitration being conducted in accordance with the rules for arbitration used by Peacemakers Ministries). If the dispute proceeds to arbitration, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, on demand, all costs, expenses and fees, including reasonable attorneys' and paralegal fees incurred in connection therewith.